I am pursuing a full time position within the fashion industry to gain reputable work assignments and enhance my reputation and skills within this field. In addition I am seeking a way to contribute my strong skills in design, color, and styling to support the work of a designer and or design team.
Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, RI
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Apparel Design
Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY
Otis College of Art and Design, Los Angeles, CA
Advanced drawing and Illustration
Carlisle Etcetera, New York, New York
Sketch Artist October 2012- Present.
Illustrating and rendering design sketches for high-end womenswear company.
rag + bone, New York, New York
Intern August 2012- October 2012
Illustrated technical flats by hand. Took fit comment notes and created tech-packs for overseas production. Sewed and altered garments for, and assisted dressing at the Spring 2013 fashion show.
Diane Von Furstenberg, New York, New York
Intern November 2011- August 2012
Created design mock-ups and design samples. Collaborated with, and closely assisted the design team. Matched fabrics, threads and trims for production. Worked with sewers to create ideal product.
Rodarte, Los Angeles, California
Intern Wintersession 2011
Worked with suppliers and production team to create ideal product. Efficiently ran errands on a deadline. Collected samples for collection. Worked on various sewing projects. Head dresser at Spring 2011 fashion show.
DKNYC – Knitwear, New York, New York
Intern Summer 2010 Image research for collections. Created graphic tee designs using Photoshop. Completed sweater design layouts. Constructed embellishment designs, and hand embroidered garments. Organized and maintained office space
Levis Strauss, Santa Monica, California
Sales Summer 2008
Experience providing high level customer service, and assisting with correct fit and styling process.
- Knowledgeable of fabrics and machine types used in garment manufacture
- Design and illustration of evening and sportswear collections
- Drafting and patternmaking for garments
- Fully fashioning knit garments
- Create numerous machine knit technical swatches
- Trained in tailoring
- Experienced dresser
- Drawing, painting, illustration
- Skilled with an assortment of media such as watercolor, prismacolor markers, colored pencil, acrylic paint, gauche, ink, and charcoal etc.
- Macintosh and PC platforms
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Euphoria as well as an introduction to Primavision